Below are the requirements I completed for the Sports Badge
Note: Click any image on this page to enlarge it in a new tab
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED
In addition to the above, I also researched all the following areas and then completed a verbal presentation/interview to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding for each of them:
- Explain to your counselor the most likely hazards you may encounter while playing sports, and what you should do to anticipate, help prevent, mitigate, and respond to these hazards.
- Show that you know first aid for injuries or illnesses that could occur while participating in sports, including sprains, strains, contusions, abrasions, fractures, blisters, muscle cramps, injured teeth, dehydration, heat and cold reactions, and concussions or other suspected injuries to the head, neck, and back.
Requirement: Explain the importance of:
- Physical exams.
- Why preventive habits (such as exercising regularly) are important in maintaining good health, and how the use of tobacco products, alcohol, and other harmful substances can negatively affect you.
- Maintaining a healthy diet.
Requirement: Answer and discuss the following:
- The importance of warmup and cool down.
- The importance of weight training.
- What an amateur athlete is and the differences between an amateur and a professional athlete.
- The attributes (qualities) of a good sport, the importance of sportsmanship, and the traits of a good team leader and player who exhibits Scout spirit on and off the playing field.
- Give the rules and etiquette for the two sports you picked.
- List the equipment needed for the two sports you chose. Describe the protective equipment and appropriate clothing (if any) and explain why it is needed.