Below are the requirements I completed for the Painting Badge
Note: Click any image on this page to enlarge it in a new tab
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS COMPLETED
- Explain the proper safety procedures to follow when preparing surfaces and applying coatings.
- Explain three ways that coatings can improve a surface
- Explain where you would apply enamel paint, flat paint, wood stain, and varnish, and explain the importance of sheen, and tell why each is best for its uses.
- Show the right way to use, clean, maintain, and store painting equipment.
- Explain the importance of ladder safety, personal hygiene, and the use of personal protective equipment when painting.
- Explain some of the environmental and health issues concerning removing paint, applying paint, and discarding old paint.
- Find out about career opportunities in the painting craft. Discuss the training and experience required, and explain why this profession might interest you.